Our commitment to help you with data protection and compliance
adbuq enables GDPR support for all customers worldwide
adbuq ensures conformance to global regulations and industry practices in order to maintain privacy and security of its customer’s data. All our products provide GDPR-ready capabilities to help our customers meet their compliance obligations. adbuq extends these capabilities not only to customers in the EU, but to all our customers worldwide.
To strengthen an individual's rights to privacy, the European Union brought about the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, fortifying existing directives on data protection. The Regulation issued by the European Union applies to businesses processing personal data of European residents, and has been in force since 25th May 2018.
adbuq commitment to the GDPR
Ensure fair and transparent processing of customer data
Incorporate security by design in products, to protect personal data
Streamline processes to help customers meet compliance obligations
7 Key Principles of the GDPR
The GDPR encourages businesses to be responsible about an individual’s data. By ensuring protection and privacy of this data, businesses earn customer trust and they are likely to engage better with the business. GDPR provides a framework for businesses to standardize and regularize real-world security and privacy needs of an individual's data used for business purposes. The key principles which the GDPR requires businesses to operate on are:
1. Lawful, fair and transparent processing: Emphasizes transparency for all individuals i.e. when data is collected, businesses must be clear as to why data is being collected and what will it be used for.
2. Purpose limitation: Collect data, only for the purpose you need it for. That is, data collected for specific purposes/reasons cannot be further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes/reasons.
3. Data minimization: Ensure data captured is adequate, relevant and limited. Based on this principle, organizations must ensure they store minimum amount of data required for their purpose.
4. Accurate and up-to-date processing: Data controllers must ensure information remains accurate, valid and fit for purpose. To comply, organizations must institute processes and policies to address how they maintain data they are processing and storing it.
5. Limitation of storage in a form that permits identification: Have control over storage and movement of data within the organization. This includes implementing and enforcing data retention policies, and preventing unauthorised movement and storage of data.
6. Confidential and secure: An organization collecting and processing data is solely responsible for implementing appropriate security measures to protect the individuals data.
7. Accountability and liability: Organizations must be able to demonstrate adoption of necessary steps to protect an individual’s personal data, and be able to pull up every step within the GDPR strategy as evidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
adbuq's Network Operations Center (NOC) provides customers with the most reliable support for their displays nationwide. To report a problem with a display, please email [email protected]
Contact a local adbuq office to purchase out-of-home advertising space in your market. Contact information is available on website.
To purchase advertising space across multiple markets, please contact our National Sales team at [email protected]
Use our search tool to search for market coverage, view products, rate cards and to find a local contact.
If you're interested in leasing property for a billboard, please contact your local adbuq Office.
To report unethical behavior and policy violations securely and anonymously, email at [email protected]